Compiling Dia

Hello,

	Holidays have come at last so I figured I might see whats been happening in
the land of dia.

	Three things. Firstly, after downloading from cvs into my machine, here
were the Compiling results
that I ended up with. Can somebody help me in my dilemma of getting this
program compiled?

Running libtoolize
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal
.m4'.
aclocal: configure.in: 40: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 203: macro `AM_PATH_LIBART' not found in library
configure.in:30: AC_TRY_COMPILE was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
Can't call method "close" on an undefined value at /usr/local/bin/automake
line
7751.
configure.in:30: AC_TRY_COMPILE was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:147:    AC_DEFINE(HAVE_UNICODE,, Unicode support library
available)
configure.in:178:    AC_DEFINE(HAVE_FREETYPE,, Freetype support library
available)
configure.in:196:AC_CHECK_LIB(popt, poptSetOtherOptionHelp,
[AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBPOPT)
configure.in:205:  AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBART)],
configure.in:212:AM_PATH_GDK_PIXBUF(0.7.0,,AC_MSG_ERROR([gdk-pixbuf >= 0.7.0
is required]

	What does this mean? And any idea why? Has someone had this before?

	Secondly, I'm not sure how all this works as I'm only new to the OpenSource
coding scene so I put together a few suggestions for the Dia package which I
thought may be useful?

	-Upon changing between screens you have to click twice to select an item.
Click once to select the
window, click twice to select the button or lay the object.

	-The UML Class object isn't resizeable?

	-Perhaps there could be a Snap to Grid option?

	-Big Projects clutter easily with many windows on the screen. Perhaps an
auto-arranging option for arranging the windows on the screen. Tile /
Cascade etc.

	-I noticed in the code the ability to save to png. Why not also bmp/gif/jpg
etc?

	-Maybe having an application icon?

	-Print to a printer?

	-Maybe the delete key should delete objects selected when hit?

	Anyway, I'm not sure how this works but they were some of the ideas I came
up with and I'd be prepared to throw some time into coding them ( providing
they are appropriate ) and if I can get this thing compiled? Someones
feedback would be appreciated so I know this is how you guys do business...

	Last but not least, third thing. Can somebody guide me in my state of
learning, as to how I would be able to actually contribute the changes I
make... ie... Whats the best/appropriate method of handing my code back ( or
patch as I've heard of? )

	Your help appreciated...

		Matt