Simple question

Admittedly I have a fairly simple question here.  I found your software on the net and would like to try it out.  Unfortunately it seems that there is no .Exe file that would help me install this program in the version I downloaded.  I get the impression that I may have to download a C++ compiler to get this software to work.  Is this true ? and if so any possibility of a "Dia installation for Dummies" kind of document being added to your website so that general population users such as myself can get the chance to examine your software ?

Thank you.

Brad Salive.