Re: getting arrows lined up with lines

On 21 May 2001, Chris Green wrote:

> I have a very simple uml diagram at
>
> http://helium.tucc.uab.edu/~sprout/python-pattern.dia
>
> The arrows pointing up have the arrow overlapping the class boxes
> slightly as seen in
> http://helium.tucc.uab.edu/~sprout/python-pattern.png
>

> The arrows and classes are linked as the arrows will move if the
> classes are moved.
>
> I am using dia 0.88.1.  Is there anyway to get them to line up like
>
> K-   (thats the best ascii illustration I could come up with :> )

That is an artifact of how arrows are being drawn (the line is connected to
the connectionpoint, and the arrowhead is drawn over it).  We have some
alternative ideas that will fix this eventually (making the arrowhead a
feature of the line so it can account for it), but it will take a fair
amount of restructuring.

A cheesy hack around it would be to add a hairline arrowless line out from
the connection point.  Won't move well, though.  We really need to fix that.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg
will defend to the death your right to say it."    |   of Westfield
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire   | Chaos Berserker of Khorne