Re: Lennon's Deep thoughts

Hi there.

> Okay, this seems to have gotten kind of disjointed.
Agreed. Well, you want XML? In what color? Oh, never mind. ;)

> 1. [no C++]
Couldn't have put it better.

> 2. [Schemas]
Ok, can we just say, that some of the data is integer or float (maybe
by defining an "integer" or "float" entity or some "type" attribute
the parser can cope? I like the idea of letting libxml validate the
stuff on the fly without coding overhead, and our (or better: my)
parser has the conversion routines handy. :-)

> 3. [DOM borrowing]
So you would agree with my idea of a "callback hash" that links every
behaviour-defining routine in a consistent manner? This hash could
hold just about everything a C++ object can contain. The API
definition is then just a matter of thought and planning. (and it
could be changed at will without breaking too much things)...

> Sorry to keep posting these manifestos; after this, aside from answering
> direct questions, I'm going to try to avoid cluttering the list until I
> have some code to show for all my big talk. (And of course, if that
> never happens, then obviously you should have been ignoring me anyway ;)
Why, thanks, Lennon. I feared nobody would share my thoughts; since I
desperately want to create this extension by the end of august and I
will need all help I can get.

cu Andre
--
Tolerance rulez, everything else sux! -- Andre Kloss