Re: XML Schema

As you study XSchema, please keep in mind that a lot of folks who
like the general idea of "something better than DTD's" think XSchema
is an abomination.  Consider:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/

This combination of TREX and RELAX has the attention of some heavy
hitters in the XML parsing world (e.g., James Clark, Norm Walsh).

Further if procedural/functional definition is needed, consider
XEXPR:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xexpr/