XML Schema

Sorry for double posting but my computer's clock was messed up.

I'm getting a little bit of a feel for XML Schema's.  The documentation
islittered with new terminology that takes a bit getting use to.  The
examples look straight forward.  I think they are a better way to
represent the shapes instead of DTD's.  I will work on moving the
widget.dtd to UrShape.schema once the C++ stuff James is doing hits the
streets.  About the validator - I'm going to fiddle around with this
(note the fiddle part).  Schema's is a whole other project and the specs
are just way too complicated for us to be worrying about that.  If
anything, I might be able to squeeze something out that is tailored to
our purposes (implements only the types and tags that we use).  I
suspect that libxml will include support for this in the future since it
is very useful.  One thing that gets me is the regular expressions.
What notation of RE are they using? Perl uses different notation from
python and lex.  Are their libs for this already? Well I don't think
that we are going to have to use restrictions or unions or any of the
more complex parts of the spec so I think we can just ignore them.  Well
I'll create the schema file and see if I want to tackle validating it
also.  If we get past that we can have it automagicly create a tree to
conform to our mini-DOM interface.  Comments?
--J5