Re: arc in shapes

Le ven, jun 15, 2001, à 01:49:44 +0400, Elena Zotova a écrit:

> I anderstand what svg doesn't include carc and earc, but dia don't supported 'A'
> in path.
> And my patch was very usefull for me.
> I attached it. You may see it himself.

Well, the problem is: we want to use real SVG ; perhaps a subset of SVG, but
it would be unwise to add new elements, which are not defined in the SVG
specification. Unfortunately, while your carc and earc elements do solve a
problem, they don't belong in the original SVG specification: we can't use
that. However, you could use your arc-drawing code (which looks fine), and
plug it instead in the path-parsing function (parse_path() in shape_info.c),
to extend the paths dia understands, and have it understand the A and a path
commands. That would be proper SVG, and would surely get included into dia.

> And will be very good, if dia allow rotate (90 degree I mean) sapes, but only
> flip it.
> Is it possible?

There is still a problem. If you have a textbox in your shape, and you
rotate it, you get vertical text ; this can not be handled by the current X
code. Lars is writing support for the FreeType library, which is supposed to
give us such (long since wanted !) ability. It'll even give us the ability
to rotate text to any angle. With that in place, I'm confident that rotation
of anything will be rather quickly implemented.

	-- Cyrille (Kirill)

--
Grumpf.