Re: My proposal (Was: Shapes layout proposal)

Andre, that is exactly what we want to add.

Ok, well here is a new proposal that should make most people happy for the
time being.  All the SVG extensions will be handled by a new shape code
and will not effect the core of dia.  I think the SVG stuff is handled by
the generic shape.  Am I correct to say that?  Once speed and layout
issues are worked out (I'll fire up my old pentium 100 to do tests) and we
get the nod from the maintainers we will integrate it with the core.  For
now since a bunch of people seem interested in this, it would be nice if
the powers that be would grant us a branch on the CVS tree where we can
work on our code without messing with the core code.  Also, a separate
mailing list would be nice so we don't clutter the main mailing list,
unless this is where the maintainers feel we should keep our discussions.

I will have initial DTD's soon.  I will start with a couple of widgets and
we will expand from there.

-J5