Re: Dia 0.88.1: Problems with exporting to xfig

Le mar, jun 12, 2001, à 01:53:50 -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

> > OTOH, we could have have FEATURE_ARROW etc. Both options are open (I'd
> > think have renderers give NULL ops pointers for optional functions, and
> > have something in diagramdata fill in stubs & helpers, so we don't need
> > to test for the presence of this or that function, could be a very nice
> > simplification, however. renderer->ops->predraw_string() is an obvious
> > candidate... ).
>
> A third idea I came up with for this:  Have the renderer only define the
> most basic shapes as fixed function pointers, and everything else
> (rectangles, arrows, polylines, even complete shapes if the renderer wants)
> be in a hashtable.  Then things like Visio or Kivio export can try to
> retain more complex objects through a plug-in.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do... basically, do you want
objects, in their draw routine, to do stuff like:

	def mycoolobject_draw(self,renderer):
	    if renderer.ops.extra.has_key("mycoolobject"):
		renderer.ops.extra["mycoolobject"](renderer,self)
		return
	    #else:

	    <do normal processing using primitives>
?

What I was thinking was more something like:
	def roundedrectangle_draw(self,renderer):
	    # set up line styles, etc.
	    featurehint = (FEATURE_ROUNDED_RECTANGLE,
			    (self.rect,self.corner_radius))
	    renderer.ops.begingroup(renderer, GROUP_TYPE_FEATURE, featurehint)
	    # if the renderer knows about rounded rectangles, it'll hijack
	    # the rendering until endgroup() is called. Otherwise it'll
	    # write the primitives as asked by the object.

            for corner in [nw,se,sw,ne]:
                renderer.ops.draw_arc(...)
            for border in [n,w,s,e]:
                renderer.ops.draw_line(...)
	    renderer.ops.endgroup(renderer,GROUP_TYPE_FEATURE, featurehint)

Then, unlinke Python, C has a very efficient built-in way to make a hash
table associating an identifier to snippets of executable code: a switch
statement. Hint-using renderers just have to put a
	switch (type) {
	    /* ... */
	    case GROUP_TYPE_FEATURE: {
		FeatureStruct *fs = (FeatureStruct *)hint;
	        switch(fs->feature) {
		   case FEATURE_ROUNDED_RECTANGLE:
		     disable_rendering(renderer);
		     do_rounded_rectangle(fs->....);
		   break;
	        }
                break;
        }
   if they provide a begin_group() hint routine.

> I really like having each shape (including the basic ones) be rendered by
> its own function, rather than having to have special dispatch based on the
> features.

you mean object->ops->draw() ?  I must have misunderstood something.

Grumpf.