Re: object properties

On Mon, 04 Jun 2001, F. Paquet wrote:

> Would be extremely useful to have a configurable set of text attributes
> associated with each object. The attribute values should be editable in
> the object properties box.

Thus could be interesting, yes.  If it can fit cleanly with the rest of the
shape format, I say go for it.

> Another helpful feature would be the possibility to run a system comand
> from each object's menu, passing the object (type, name, ...) as
> arguments to the command.

This, on the other hand, opens up a Pandora's box of security holes that
I'd rather we avoid.  It's possible to do it as a plugin, but there are
just too many potential dangers.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg
will defend to the death your right to say it."    |   of Westfield
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire   | Chaos Berserker of Khorne