best ISP

John Palmieri wrote:

> Can anyone recommend the best ISP I can
> use with Linux while I wait for DSL to be implemented in my area?

John,

I'm that rare bird:  I like my ISP.  Speakeasy.org has dial-up in your area.
I recently helped a friend hook up her FreeBSD box to them; she used Debian
(wvdial) before that.

Speakeasy isn't the cheapest DSL provider, but they offer static addresses and
eschew PPPoE, two good reasons to part with $10 more a month.  And their support is
sometimes ridiculously good:  Once at 2:00 AM I called with what turned out to be
my own configuration error, and when I said "NetBSD" the guy gave me on-target
suggestions for what to check out.

(I know this wasn't a Dia question.  I hope it's OK to anwswer you here anyway.)

--jkl