Using Dia for Gantt Charts

Hello,

I am currently using MS-Visio for Windows 95.  I am looking at eventually
moving over to Linux / Unix platform.  In the meantime I am looking at which
applications I will use on Linux and seeing if there are Windows versions
that I can work with first to make the transition easier.

I have read that the best equivalent to Visio is probably Dia.  What I am
wondering is if Dia can be used to create Gantt charts like in Visio??
Currently, I primarily use Visio for doing Gantt charts and basic flow
diagrams.  Dia closely resembles Visio.  I don't know if that is in just
looks and feel or also in functionality.

If not, does anyone know a good program for Linux that will help create
Gantt charts like Visio?? I know that it can be done manually using
spreadsheets but I am looking for a little more help and automation.

Thanks,

Hugh