Progress on Freetype

Just to let you know that there is progress on using Freetype:  I am now
able to scan directories for fonts, including TrueType and others, figure
out family names and styles, and get the width of a string.  I still have
to make actual rendering, a new selection widget (to be able to select
styles as well as font names), loading/saving, and other stuff.  Since I'm
still having problems that require me turning off NLS, I'm not committing.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg
will defend to the death your right to say it."    |   of Westfield
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire   | Chaos Berserker of Khorne