Re: SGV-sgv, ...not svg? sure?

> Dolores Alia de Saravia wrote:
>
> > Sorry. I agree with you.
> > It is
> >     http://www.w3.org/2000/svg;
> > what I wanted to say is that NEWS file proposed
> >     http://www.w3.org/2000/SVG
> > which is incorrect.

Extracted from what James K. Lowden wrote, on july 10.

> Dolores,
>
> I don't think it's really "incorrect".  The W3C says that case
> "shouldn't" matter to a URI or URL.  After all, just because *unix* is
> case-sensitive doesn't mean the www should be.
>
> I wouldn't want Dia to fail to load a document because I hadn't
correctly
> guessed what arrangement of case she expected in the URI.  As Larry
Wall
> says, programs should be generous in what they accept and careful
about
> what they emit.

James:

Now you say it, I also agree with you. But then, instead of correcting
the NEWS file,  may be Dia itself should be corrected:

I beleive that

 if an user designs a .shape file and writes "..... /SVG" instead of
"..../svg", that shape is not loaded.

(I beleive this happened to me, and it was because of this that I noted
the difference...).

Loli
email:  loli@unsa.edu.ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net