Export clip other layers

Hello,

I am a new dia 0.88 WIN32 user and found that the export operation clips
non-BACKGROUND layers, if these layers are larger than the BACKGROUND
layer.  That is, if say a visible non-BACKGROUND layer has an object
that lies outside the bottom border of the BACKGROUND layer, that object
would be clipped, when I try to export the entire diagram to a .PNG
file.

Does anyone find this same behaviour?

My work-around is to insert a blank Text object on the BACKGROUND layer
at the bottom extremity of the diagram.

cheers,

David.