Re: Rotate Objects

Le ven, aoû 10, 2001, à 05:54:33 -0700, Robert Campbell a écrit:
> Is there any relationship between Dia and the DiaCanvas2
> project on Sourceforge, besides a common origin and the name?

There is also dia-newcanvas in the GNOME CVS.

> Will DiaCanvas2 be merged back into Dia?  If I recall correctly, DiaCanvas2
> has Gnome dependencies, not just GTK+.  This would make the Win32 port more
> difficult to maintain.

My opinion is: inferior platforms must adapt or die (or, bribe billg to
open the WMA and a few other file formats) <grin/>. Seriously, I don't know.
There's really enough work right now with the UTF-8 transition and bringing
all objects to StdProp, so I haven't thought about these canvas issues (and
save the rotation capability, I think the current rendering subsystem works
well).

> I only thought to ask now, because DiaCanvas2 supposedly addresses the
> rotation question.

Unless it talks freetype or Pango, I highly doubt it handles text rotation.
If it doesn't adress text rotation, we can't use it. At least, that's what
I've been told the last time the question of rotation was seriously
discussed.

Grumpf.