Re: Dia-0.88.1 on HPUX

Mehdi,

Le jeu, aoû 09, 2001, à 09:49:19 +0100, M. Lavasani a écrit:

> I know HPUX has always had some problem in this area, but it works fine
> for the other programs, even it works for "dia-0.85".

According to GNOME Bonsai, lib/plug-ins.c has never seen significant changes
(at least, with respect to gmodule). So, if with your current setup, dia
0.85 works but not 0.88.1, it may very well be that the culprit is elsewhere
(or is it ? there have been some changes in the plugin API at that time).

Mmmm.. Do you still have the plug-ins of version 0.85 installed on your
machine ? If it's the case, can you "strace -o /tmp/log dia" and then
"grep open /tmp/log" to check that it's not trying to open the older plug-ins ?

> I am using glib and gtk version 1.2.10.

good.

> I did that, but It still won't give any information at all, When I start
> "dia" the only way to finnish the process is "kill -9 processID" , even
> "kill processID" won't work.

Well, that -1 is unsufficient to kill half-crashed programs is not
surprising at all. At least -9 works.
What do you mean, by "I did that, but it still won't give any information at
all" ? Does that mean that dia_plugin_load() works, and actually returns
(after having called g_module_open(), g_module_symbol(), having executed
(*info->init_func)(info) and returned after having set info->is_loaded to
TRUE ?

If it's the case, then we have a problem elsewhere.

Did you compile with GNOME enabled (not advocating either build, just that
GNOME includes possible waits for external components).

Can you step each line of app/app_procs.c/app_init(), and check which line
in that routine (after the call to app_splash_init("") of course) is in
fault ?

Grumpf.