Re: UrShapes

Andre Kloss wrote:

>Hi, John, hi Cyrille, hi everyone!
>
>I would really like to see the changes, alas I lack a usable dev
>platform, since my notebook has ceased working and I have only windoze
>boxes around (They are not my own, or they'd run Linux!).
>All I can do now is to have a look at the code and give coding style
>tips, but I presume you'll not need them ;)
>However, I will hopefully start to contribute next week, when my
>notebook is repaired.
>
>Cyrille: The "Ur" in UrShape is a) an arch german word for ox ;) or
>(and that's what we mean) b) german prefix meaning "arch" as in
>"archetype". Well, John doesn't seem to be german, but he came up with
>it.
>John: How did you come up with it? ;)

Actually I didn't come up with it, I think it was JKL.  I was wondering
what Ur was for but since it successfully distinguished our offerings
(everybody who cares knows it as UrShapes)  it was a good name.  I first
called them Dia widgets but that was confusing.  I think that is how
Linux got it's name.  Linus said, hey look at my brand spanking new Unix
like kernel and someone else replied, I am very interested in your Linux
kernel.  So until someone comes along and says, "that is the worst name
I have ever heard!!!", we will continue to use it and make up strange
myths on the precise origins of the name.

I always thought it was some primitive command.  You know, "I Tarzan,
you Jane and you are Shape".  Hehe.

--J5