Re: [90% solved] Re: need more help compiling from CVS

On 2001.08.04 00:38 Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

> * You need recent versions of the packages {jade, docbook,
>   docbook-utils, docbook-dsssl, docbook-stylesheets,
>   cygnus-stylesheets, etc.} of the whole DocBook rendering system. The
>   exact names of the packages vary from system to system; this list is
>   only a starting point! If compiling the documentation fails, please
>   report on dia-list@gnome.org once you've found which packages to
>   install..
>
> Tell me whether you have more success with that.

OK, I did upgrade this stuff:

docbook-utils-0.6.9-1 (from Rawhide)
docbook-style-dsssl-1.64-3 (docbook-utils dependency, also from Rawhide)
gnome-doc-tools-2-0 (from GNOME Documentation site, to get GNOME PNG variant
DTD?)

I'm still getting the error, but I have a better idea why now.  When the 'make
install' happens in doc/en, this command is executed:

cd . && /usr/bin/db2html dia-manual.sgml && touch stamp-doc

"/usr/bin/db2html" is a shell script that calls "/usr/bin/jw" is a shell script
that calls "sh /usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.9/frontends/docbook
centralized-catalog", which returns the file name "/etc/sgml/sgml-docbook.cat".
It looks to me like "sh /usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.9/frontends/docbook
centralized-catalog" should return the file name "/etc/sgml/catalog" because
when I run:

[root@rocket en]# /usr/bin/db2html --cat /etc/sgml/catalog dia-manual.sgml
output is dia-manual
Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook.cat, /etc/sgml/catalog
Using stylesheet: /usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.9/docbook-utils.dsl#html
Working on: /home/ashalper/dia/doc/en/dia-manual.sgml
Done.
[root@rocket en]#

everything appears to run fine, and without it:

[root@rocket en]# /usr/bin/db2html dia-manual.sgml |& more
output is dia-manual
Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook.cat
Using stylesheet: /usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.9/docbook-utils.dsl#html
Working on: /home/ashalper/dia/doc/en/dia-manual.sgml
jade:/home/ashalper/dia/doc/en/dia-manual.sgml:1:66:W: cannot generate system
identifier for public text "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"

All of these scripts are part of the docbook-utils-0.6.9-1 package that I got
from Rawhide, but I'm pretty sure I was having the same problems with the 7.1
version.

Andy