Re: Layer Dialog, row of buttons or toolbar widget?

Alan Horkan sagde:

> I've been staring at code for a while so please forgive me if this is a
> little obtuse.
>
> I was looking at the Layers dialog and thinking that the buttons for New,
> Raise, Lower and Delete, could be replaced with stock items (because I
> noticed the gimp was using stock icons here).
>
> Every so often I see new GTK developers using a row of buttons accross the
> mainwindow of their applications and it is clear a Toolbar would be a
> better choice.  With this in mind it occured to me that it might be a good
> idea to replace this row of buttons with a toolbar widget, and in case
> that sounds strange I made a mockup

Getting optional labels would be nice, and if it doesn't complicate
things, I don't see why it couldn't work. ... Got sidetracked there by the
need to turn those home-made icons into stock icons.  That's in CVS now.
Pretty.  While using a toolbar is probably the Right Thing to do, I think
it very low priority here.