Dia patches [was: Re: Nightly snapshot?]

On 08.01.2005 17:02, Alan Horkan wrote:
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Vitaly Lipatov wrote:

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:17:38 +0300
From: Vitaly Lipatov <LAV VL3143 spb edu>
To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: Nightly snapshot?

On Saturday 08 January 2005 02:07, Lars Clausen wrote:

My internetconnection is down until Jan. 31st, so to do any

Lars, can anyone check my patch I sent to this list Dec. 26th I worry it will be not applicable in a few weeks for CVS changes...

I don't think CVS Dia changes that fast and I'm confident that Lars,
Cyrille or Hans would be able to adjust the patch as needed.

Looking at the ChangeLog may reveal different. Especially the stuff
concerning filesystem encodings definitely should change when
switching to Gtk 2.6.

But to the patch (w/o looking at it) :
- please make patches as small as possible (i.e. one for each feature)
- use diff -u and bugzilla [again one bug per feature (or is it the
  other way around;-)]
- attach patches uncompressed to make them easier to review
- provide a ChangeLog entry
- although we certainly would be able to adjust the patch the
  probability to get applied will be higher if we don't need to

Thanks,
	Hans