[newbie] pstricks export & figure size

Hello,

I've tried to export a figure using pstricks but the resulting image was
too large, if I change paper size of change the scale the figure
acquires the right size but the text in it, gets too small.

Is there a good way to solve this?

BTW, how can I set initially the size of a figure without using a paper
size?  I haven't found any paper size that is small enough to be used as
a figure size.

I guess I could do the 'EPS with tags' + \epsfrag dance inside Latex,
but it seems to be a bit silly once I could be inserting pstricks code
directly.

I'm running Dia 0.94 on Debian Sarge.

((I've just started using dia yesterday and already got a very nice
figure. Great software!!))

peace,
Francisco.