Re: Future developement, GtkUIManager XML Question?

On 22.02.2005 22:17, Alan Horkan wrote:
The below extract from Bugzilla suggests the possibility of moving to
GTKUImanager.
The API describes GtkUIManager as "Constructing menus and toolbars from an
XML description".

I'm just wondering if we were to move to an XML system for the user
interface why not go the next step and use Glade like Gnumeric and Abiword
do?

Because there is absolutely no relation between the two becide coincidently
sharing XML as backend format ?

Presumably there are downsides I'm not seeing but it isn't obvious
to me so please do let me know.

Like Lars I completely fail to see a benefit of throwing away lots of quite
well debug user interface code just to give some non-programmers the
ability to totally screw up th user interface ;)

Also quite some of the user interface (Property (Default) Dialogs, Program
settings) are already created dynamically depending on context. So doing
such via glade would be a step backward rather tahn forward.

Hans