Re: installation

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Dennis Schaffner wrote:

> Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:14:27 -0600
> From: Dennis Schaffner <djs7 earthlink net>
> To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
> Subject: Re: installation

There might not be a compatible RPM available for your setup but you
should look to RedHat (or Fedora) for that but from the sounds of it you
will probably need to upgrade a few other things to before it will work.

I'm not entirely sure what the best way to go about this really is, if
there is a friendly neighbourhood sysadmin you can convince to help you
with the upgrades then I'd strongly recommend you do.

> When I typed ./configure, lots of things started to scroll by but it
> stopped when a message said that I needed Pango 1.1.5 or higher. What do
> I do now? Thanks.

You will also need to upgrade your version of pango
http://www.pango.org/

Sorry, compiling from scratch can get really messy and there isn't all
that much advice I can give.

- Alan