Objects properties - Python console

Hi,

I'd like to add new properties to the shapes that I've created.
I've heard that it's possible by using the python console but I don't know how
to use it so I'm looking for some documentation.
The properties that I'd like to add are quite similar to the uml objects but I'
don't see where are the files related to them?
If someone could give me some infomartions it would be cool.

Thanks

Daniel de Almeida