Not bug but misfeature, Alt+E

The alt+E keybinding to select the Ellipse tool will not work if users
have the menubar enabled because it will trigger the Edit menu instead.

As this is only a temporary workaround for the Text Widget I'm not going
to file a bug report but I figured I should mention it and offer to file a
bug on it if you want.  (Filing a bug report might stop other people
asking so I'll file it if asked).

Sincerely

Alan Horkan