Re: auto-scaling text dia .94

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:53:07 +0200, Tomas Mezger <tomz mytum de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm usig dia .94 under kde and FC2.
>
> i love dia, it's a very good program and i'm glad that's coming forward! :-)
> as i'm not a programmer (only latex :-)! ) i can't check out the sources
> and so on...
>
> i'm having a big problem with text in dia, because dia resizes the text
> as he whants... sometimes i only have a very tiny text and if i add a
> space on the text, it returns to the normal size. if i remove the space,
> it is tiny again.
>
> later, i had to remove the space to see the text in the original size,
> because with the space it was tiny again...  this was only an example,
> of how it plays sometime.
>
> i actually don't care of how big the text is, because i export it to
> *.tex and i have to modify all the lines from the exported files from
> {\scalebox{1 -1}{Sonnenenergie}}
> {\scalebox{2.5 -2.5}{Sonnenenergie}}
>
> but i have to know how bit it is in order to see if it is centred and so
> on....

Isn't it enough to set the text to be centered?  Or does the .tex
export not support that?

> is this a problem other people also have? or just using kde? is it going
> to be fixed? :-)

This is a known problem that we're trying to get a handle on, but it's
slippery.  If you can send me the diagram this happens with, I'll see
if I can reproduce it and debug it.  I've seen it myself, but didn't
have time to debug then.  Don't really have time now, either, but I
can try to make some time.