Re: generating UML from source or classes

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:55:03 +0200, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt vafer org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there already an import filter to generate
> UML class diagramms from java source code or
> class files?

What you want is Autodia, which makes UML diagams from (at least) class files.l

> Can someone please point me to the documentation
> of the DIA file format and/or to the appropriate
> code for loading and saving.

The Dia site lists a number of tools that manipulate the save format.
Additionally, the tarball contains the DTD, though that is of little
use without knowing what properties are legal.  There isn't really a
single document explaining the Dia save format, but it's fairly
straight-forward (optionally compressed) XML.