Keeping defaults for next time

Is there any way to save things like line width and text size defaults
for the next time one runs dia?

I mean those things that appear when you double-click on an object.
When set on the tools (as opposed to objects) they set the defaults
for 'this' run of dia but I'd like to be able to save them so I get
the same defaults the next time I run dia.

Also the fonts seem to print very bold on my system, I have a
smattering of fonts in addition to the serif, sans, etc. such as
Bitstream ones, Luxi ones and a couple of others but they all print
out very bold, even in non-bold.  Especially in small font sizes this
makes them somewhat illegible.  Is there any way to reduce the
boldness of the fonts and/or can anyone recommend a less bold one?

--
Chris Green (chris areti co uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence."