Re: Automaticall open new diagram

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Jeffrey Kern wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:59:37 -0600
> From: Jeffrey Kern <the xtype gmail com>
> To: dia-list gnome org
> Subject: Automaticall open new diagram
>
> "-Automaticall open new diagram if now chosen at start."
>
> Can we add a command line flag to disable this?
>   -w, --withholdnew                    Don not open new diagram.

Patches always welcome. (not sure if it is currently possible to disable
this option).

> I do not think that it should be forced as the default behavior.

I must ask why?  What problems are you having with it?

If you have not specified the document you want to open, do you not
usually want a new blank window instead?

If this feature turned out to be a really bad idea it could be changed but
I want to be absoultely sure that the feature cannot be improved or there
is a problem that cannot be fixed before rejecting or removing it.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan