Using dia Circuit library

Hi,

As a beginner trying to find a replacement for xfig I was so impressed
by pointer and shape tools in the first 10 minutes that I spend hours
trying overcome the problems inserting the first shape from the
library. While inserting Circuit/vresistor_de.shape I was surprised when
I got hresistor_de.shape or so I thought until I found out it is
just distorted by scaling. Now, the shapes of electronic components
should not change the width/height aspect ratio (the body of a resistor
should be a rectangle with a ratio of 1:3) and all instances of a
component should be the same size. Is there a way to fix the width/height
aspect ratio of shapes and their relative size so I could still resize
a diagram to get more (and smaller) components in my diagram.

Andrej