Layers

Hello !
Sorry for my english, I'm french.

I would like to create links between objects which are on different layers.
But it is difficult to understand sources because they are not commented.
Have you methods to suggest me to do it? Files concerned?

Is it really possible to implement this function for Dia ?

I see in archives in 1999 that Ben Hochstedler had worked on this probleme. did
he make a success ?

Thx ^_^
Nicolas COTTIN