Re: routing tables to dia network map

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 10:08:11PM +0100, Philippe Biondi wrote:
> xml stuff for me. My dream would be sth that looks like :
>
> import dia
>
> mygraph = dia.A_new_graph()
>
> router1 = dia.A_new_icon("Cisco router")
> dia.mygraph.writefile("mymap.dia")
>
> and get this diagram :
>
>  [Cisco icon]--[cloud icon]--[Cisco icon]
>
> Does this exists ?

I am not aware of such thing.  It would need a libdia.so
that is encapsulated in a Python modules, I believe.

> If I have to go and handle the xlm myself, is there anything already done
> to share between such programs or any program has to do it by itself ?

If you look at the Links section of the dia homepage, you
will find tools that produce dia files, some of them written
in Python (diazy, happydoc, Synopsis).

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/