Re: Font sizing (was Re: [dia] Windows created diagrams are no longer readable)

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 15:19, Hans Breuer wrote:

> UPDATE: Repeating my test with 0.93 (they were originally done some month
> ago with some 0.92 or even 0.91 ?) did show a IMO serious regression
> though. Font sizes between the backends are no longer the same.
> To test yourself try the attached UML-Test (original from Dias
> distribution, I've put in an additional layer showing the UML Class box
> sizes with Dia-0.90-win32.
> few percent as expected. But loading the same file into .93(Pango/FT2)
> shows that the boxes - and thus the reported text length - are about 30%
> smaller. To me this looks like an unacceptable regression - I simply have
> too much diagrams done with 0.90 ...

You have those diagrams from 0.90, other people may have a bunch from
0.91 or 0.92.2.  We can't have them all look right.  What I do care
about it getting it to be as consistent as possible across future
versions and all platforms.  That is the one important goal that I'm
willing to sacrifice backwards compatibility for -- if we can reach that
goal.

I'm gonna go talk with some Pango people.