Re: draw text with arrows

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 11:13, Andrew Ross wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 17:19, haihui_dia dslextreme com wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to draw a flowchart using Dia. In Visio, when I draw an arrow I
> > can put text on top of the arrow. Can I also do the same with Dia? Thanks!
>
> Draw your arrow (really just a line with the endpoint set to arrowhead)
> and then use the text tool to create the wording. Select both the arrow
> and the text, then press "CTRL-G" to group them.

With a straight line, you can add more connection points, and the text
can be stuck to a connection point.  That can work in a pinch.

It would be nice to have a way to just stick text somewhere relative to
an object, kinda like in the FS sheet.  Resizing and moving lines would
mean the text would have to move in some poorly defined way, though,
which makes it tricky.