Re: updating homepage listed on mail.gnome.org

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Andrew Ross wrote:

> Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:07:29 +1000
> From: Andrew Ross <aross westnet com au>
> To: dia-list gnome org
> Subject: updating homepage listed on mail.gnome.org
>
> I wasn't sure if this should be posted here, sent to the devs directly
> (I'm guessing not), or sent to the mail.gnome.org admins.
>
> The website for dia-list subscription
> (http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/dia-list) still lists the old
> homepage (http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia), instead of the new one
> (http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/). The strange thing is that the link
> itself takes you to the new site - it is only the link text which is out
> of date!
>
> Any chance of getting this fixed? I know it's minor, but surely it's
> only a few minutes work?

The dia list admins can make the fix [cyrille, james, and lars are listed
as admins.  i'm not sure if James still reads the list anymore].

The mail.gnome.org admins would probably not have been the right people to
mail, the standard format is to add the suffix "-owner" so in this case
dia-list-owner at gnome
would have been the place to mail but I doubt anyone will mind that you
mailed this list instead.

I'm sure they will now that you have suggested it, I'm sure it was just a
minor oversight, the link to the FAQ points to the updated pages.

Lars, Cyrille, i already help moderate another list at gnome.org and if
you are willing to give me admin on this list too I'd be willing to help
and I'll fix that link too.

Sincerely

Alan H.