Re: Email interruption in Dia activities

Lars,
	I sent some patches to the xfig exporter that fixes all
the problems I've been having with xfig and with ensuring the
labels are typeset with latex (xfig latex 'specials').

	What is their status?

Jon

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 08:05, Lars Clausen wrote:
> I just wanted to apologize for the recent lack of news from my site on Dia
> development.  My email and home computer has been more or less out of
> commission for three weeks now, so I haven't been able to do much work.
> Hans Breuer has applied enough patches that a version 0.93 should go into
> release-process shortly after I get my system back in some semblance of a
> working order (which should[1] be soon).
>
> Important new features of the 0.93 release include:
>
> Faster text rendering
> Font-config based rendering on Win32 (allows anti-aliasing)
> A navigation window a la Gimp
> 'Greeking' of tiny fonts speeds up rendering even more.
>
> Sadly, several of my pet projects have not made it in yet, but these are
> important enough changes that I don't want to hold a new release off just
> for that.  Since we're switching to a CVS-branch based release process,
> development should continue during release time.  So keep them patches
> coming, they'll make it in there.
>
> Thanks for your patience,
> -Lars
>
> [1] Knock on wood
Jon A. Solworth
Computer Science Dept. (M/C 152)	url: http://parsys.cs.uic.edu/~solworth
University of Illinois at Chicago       telephone: (312) 996-0955
851 S. Morgan Rm 1120 SEO    		FAX:       (312) 413-0024
Chicago, IL 60607-7053