dia-0.92.2-1 crashes

All,

I am running RH9. I have upgraded the dia to the
latest version (dia-0.92.2) by compiling the tar.gz
file into a rpm. When i start the program dia comes up
just fine. But whenever i try to use "text" in the new
diagrams it just crashes. I am wondering if it is
because of the version incompatibility. Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks

Srikanth