Re: Dia

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Pricelessware Admin wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:09:17 -0500
> From: Pricelessware Admin <pricelessware@hotmail.com>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Dia
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> We at http://www.pricelessware.org would like to start offering a CD that
> contains all of the freeware programs listed on our site. We are doing this
> to help out those that have dial up. We would only be charging for the cost
> of the materials. In the USA it would not exceed $3 We would like your
> permission to include your program Dia on the Pricelessware CD.

Dia is licensed under the Gnu General Public License (GPL) which is
included with every copy of Dia.

Please read the license carefully.

You dont actually need the permission of the Dia developers to distribute
Dia so long as you abide by the terms of the GPL.

Your proposal sounds acceptable but I cannot say for sure and I dont wish
to say anything else and risk misleading you somehow so it is definately
best that you check the license carefully.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/