Re: Problem with size of UML classes

From: "Roy Yves" <yves roy umontreal ca>

> Dear Dia users:
>
> Here is my problem:
>
> When I create UML class diagram it looks ok in the dia canvas. I export
> the file in the eps format for inclusion in a Latex file, and then all
> the boxes of my class diagrams are just too wide, as if the right margin
> is set to the length of the text inside de diagram. For example, instead
> of having a diagram like this (in terms of the width):
>
> |  Class           |
> | operation()   |
>
> it's always like:
>
> | Class                               |
> | operation()                      |
>
> It seems it doesn't ajust/grow nicely with the width of the text but
> always too much to the right. Any clue what might be wrong ?

That'd be because the PostScript text is not sized to fit the width when
doing eps (latin-1, not Pango) output.  There was mention of a way to size
it correctly some while ago, and it shouldn't be too hard to add the
appropriate PostScript operator that sets the width to use.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor