Re: I must be doing something(s) wrong

>> >       * garbled views - view images seem unstable. Objects change for
>> >       no
>> >         apparent reason (size, text). Refresh usually clears it up.
>> >         This can indicate that a crash is immenient.
>> Sometimes I have thicker outlines/borders but I also never used images
>> and never hat changes which I didn't cause. On Windows or RedHat?
>
> Not certain, but my impression is Windows/Redhat is similar if not the
> same.

This occurs for me as well. In fact it's been happening ever since I could
remember, on whatever distribution I've tried: Mandrake, Fedora, Debian.
It's easily noticeable because the fonts become all messed up.

I can fix the problem right up by selecting the Anti-Aliased View
option....however that sometimes seems to open a whole other can of worms
(sometimes it can be difficult to select objects when I'm using the
Anti-aliased view).

I can definitely say that I've never noticed any connections between the
garbled text and stability issues. Also I've never experienced any real
changes to the objects themselves, other than the aforementioned aliasing
artifacts; rectangles remain rectangles, they just acquire some jaggies.
Mostly the artifacts are only noticeable on text.