How to type accents?

Hello:

In the old versions of dia one was able to type accents with an
international keyboard. Dia currently supports utf8 and latin1
(iso-8859-1) so I can edit the dia file and introduce the accent but I
cant with the Text object. I am using a recent CVS version and I know it
is not the first time this problem is reported.

Is this problem going to be fixed soon? As a former developer of dia, I am
not asking that someone else fix my problem but I just want to know if
this is being considered to be fixed some day and, if not, where should I
look in the code.

I am no more suscribed to this list.

Thank you in advance.

Alejandro