Re: Antialias (objects in X) enabled by default?

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, DANIELLLANO wrote:

> Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:27:05 GMT
> From: DANIELLLANO <DANIELLLANO terra es>
> To: dia-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Antialias (objects in X) enabled by default?
>
> larsrc raeder dk wrote:
> > DANIELLLANO sagde:
> > > Is there any Roadmap for having antialias of objects in X?
> > > (This is very low priority for me, I prefer good output and lack of
> > > bugs but it would be nice to know if anybody has any thoughts or is
> > > already working on that)
> >
> > In X in general, I don't know, but Dia can do antialiased diagrams, just
> > check the menu point View->Antialiased.
>
> That's what I was looking for.
> Now I see it's implemented :-)
>
> Shouldn't it be enabled by default?

If you can no longer find any bugs in it maybe,
but it has been unstable in the past.

I actually kind of like the sharper edges of non-anti-aliased drawings
(makes for better PNG files) and I'm not sure it makes much differnce on
an LCD screen anyway.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/