Re: SVG scaling

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Paul Dorman wrote:

> Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:04:33 +1200
> From: Paul Dorman <pauld cwa co nz>
> To: discussions about usage and development of dia <dia-list gnome org>
> Subject: SVG scaling
>
> Hi again Dia developers,
>
> I've just noticed that the SVG images aren't scalable

Huh?  Are you sure?

What version of Dia are you using?
Please provide a link to a sample file or failing that attach it to a bug
report in bugzilla.

> - could it be that they
> are bitmaps once imported?! How could this be!

I only have Dia 0.93 (python enabled) to hand but with a simple test file
using basic shape I can (export and re)import an SVG file and still scale
the shapes (although the fill information dissappeared and I'm getting two
shapes for ever one that was in the original drawing but that is another
matter entirely)

> Is there a way to make these scalable, that is, a true SVG image instead
> of a bitmap?

If it doesn't work in your version and it does work in the version I have
I'm sure we will be able to figure out what is going wrong and fix it.

- Alan