Re: How to Pronounce Dia? (Dia-ah) [was Re: Another set of beginner questions]

Alan Horkan wrote:
And, do you pronounce it dee-ah or die-ah with first or second syllable
accented?

I have always assumed that it is pronounced Die-Ah because it is short for Diagram (there is also an Irish word Dia meaning god which is pronounced Dee-ah so that pronunciation would be particularly confusing for me).

:-)
I'm doing the opposite: dee-ah (in English) or dya (as in "nya!") in French. Anyway, who cares? (except perhaps for what Alex Larsson does).

We ought to have getaudio ;-)