Re: Moving between layers

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Justin Gombos wrote:

> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:01:28 -0700
> From: Justin Gombos <mindfuq@zianet.com>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Moving between layers
>
> I just created several objects on a single sheet of canvas, and found
> that some are not useful at the moment (or may never be used).  I
> created a layer called "scraps" to use as a staging area, but I'm
> having trouble moving objects from one layer to the other.
>
> The following does not work:
>
> Send to Back
> Bring to Front
> Send Backwords
> Bring Forwards
>
> The object always remains in the original background layer
> regardless.  I also tried to cut and paste, which didn't work either,
> so I guess each layer has its own clipboard.

I'm afraid this is already known (and if I weren't using dialup I'd find a
relevant bug report in Bugzilla for you)
Move Back, Bring forward only changes the Z-order (depth) within the
current layer.

I'm surprised cut and paste didn't work, as I recall it was the suggested
workaround last time this was mentioned but I may be mistaken (as I often
am).

If you are absolutely stuck you can edit the text source of your .dia file
and try moving the objects around that way but really that shouldn't be
necessary (if you are using compressed dia you will need to use gzip to
decompress it first of course).

Hope that helps

Sincerely

Alan Horkan