Re: Pre4

On 27 Sep 2003, Hans Breuer wrote:
> At 02:56 27.09.03 -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:
>>
>> I'm sending out pre4 now, with the addition of an EPS export option to
>> use PS fonts, as has been mentioned here.  The reason I'm doing this in
>> this cycle is that I got a job!  So I won't be able to do any
>> development until December, when my thesis is done, though I will still
>> check patches coming in.  Thus, the better text handling is a ways off,
>> and we need something in the interim.  So go and check out pre4 at
>>
>> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/dia/0.92/
>>
> It appears to be on ftp but there are no traces of it in cvs.
> I'd like to test it on win32 but would prefer to do it via
> cvs, cause it's much simpler to update my small notebook
> this way and to add changes ...

Sorry, I was in too much of a rush there.  Annoying thing about make
distcheck is it updates all the po files, which leads to much gripe from
the translators if I go ahead and commit it.

>> In particular check the EPS export option.  Hans, Steffen, I added the
>> magic scaling number of 0.7 that makes the font be the right size.
>> Please check that oit looks good on Win32 too, it's fine on Linux.
>>
> Having tested it under Linux already may I suggest some different
> wording :
>
> using builtin PS fonts -> text as text _or_ readable text

Don't like either of these.  "Text as text" doesn't make any sense, and
"Readable text" would imply that the other is unreadable.

> using Pango fonts -> text as vectors

That would work.

> As it currently is I needed try both to get the one I meant :)

I thought I'd made it fairly obvious...

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor