Re: How to contribute

Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu> writes:

> On 30 Aug 2003, Peter Poulsen wrote:
> > Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu> writes:
> >
> > Sounds like a good idea.
> >
> > Ok, here it is. Should be applied by standing in the cvs co dir, and
> > typing pathc -p1 < <path>/hex.patch.
>
> One important thing:  Do not include translation-related things in code
> patches.  It makes the patch unnecessarily long, and I don't want to mix up
> the two parts.
>
> > I know it may sound like a weird thing to make hex-grid, but I'm working
> > on making a sheet (or whatever it's called), inteded for creating maps
> > which works a lot better with hex-grids.
>
> I've had the thought before.  Both games and chemists have some interest in
> this.
>
> > This is the first time I have coded for Dia or with Gtk, so I'm open to
> > criticism.
>
> It seems to work ok.  However, as a property of the diagram, it should be
> saved with the diagram and settable for each diagram in the diagram
> properties dialog, just like dynamic grid.  That takes a bit of GTK
> hacking, especially take care to have sensitivity set right.
>
> -Lars
Hi

I have spend the last week trying to get those last things implemented,
but I'm afraid I have to give up. There seems to be way to many
variables I don't know what do, that is affected. I hope that some of you
guys that know the internals of Dia a little better than I will find the
time to implement it.

--
Yours
Peter Poulsen