UML as documentation [Re: gtk-doc vs Doxygen results]

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Enrique Arizon Benito wrote:

> Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 19:27:12 +0200
> From: Enrique Arizon Benito <earizon@unizar.es>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: gtk-doc vs Doxygen results
>
>  Two weeks ago I wrote asking for some particular system used for
> documenting dia source code (Doxygen or similar tool).

This got me thinking that UML diagrams of the Dia code would be pretty
cool documentation.

[Like as if anyone ever design the complete system in UML in advance!  my
lecturer let the cat out of the bag that most projects he had known
generated the UML aftet the fact and used it largely as documentation, but
still comparing it to even a partial original design would be useful, or
it would help future restructuring.]

Has anyone ever run autodia on Dia itself?

Granted it might not look pretty without significant layout work but it
might be interesting and form both a useful example to work from and serve
as documentation.

- Alan