Re: combined UML diagrams

On 27 Oct 2003, saintiss@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> That's because the plug-in is a little confused about its file endings.
>> It calls itself .code, and opens that file, but then writes to another
>> file.
>>

> Ok, the plugin does seem to work indeed...  However, it seems that the
> xslt scripts are quite superficial, only concerned about classes, not
> about e.g. associations, so not directly usable to me, although maybe
> they could be adapted...

Any extension of them would be great.

> If I'd create an export filter, as you first said, that'd be another
> solution, but having had a look at the xslt and xfig plugins, I must say
> those files aren't really abundantly commented... Is there any furthur
> documentation on how to start here?

There's the comments in lib/diarenderer.h, and the Wiki, nothing else yet.

> Same question about the extensions of the UMLActivities... I'm guessing I
> need to change the objects/UML/activity.c file, but again it's not really
> well commented, and I'm a bit at loss here as to what properties can be
> set/added and how...

The best comments are found in the base files in lib, such as
lib/diarenderer.h, lib/object.h and lib/properties.h.  But to do the
extensions you were talking about (making it resizable and parenting), you
shouldn't need to change any properties.  Compare with UML/large_package.c,
which does basically what you want, but with a slightly different layout.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor